Gone With the Wind (1939)


 Gone With The Wind (1939)

Directed By Victor Flemming


Awards and Nominations:

Best Picture ✅

Best Actress in a Leading Role ✅

Best Actress in a Supporting Role ✅

Best Director ✅


Best Screenplay ✅

Best Art Direction ✅

Best Film Editing ✅

Best Actor in a Leading Role ✅

Best Sound ❌

Best Effects ❌

Best Music ❌ 


Cast: 

Clarke Gable 🔵❌

Vivien Leigh 🔵✅

Thomas Mitchell 

Hattie McDaniel🔵✅

Barbara O'Neil


My Thoughts:

This was my second time watching this film. This time it was in one sitting as I did homework, rather than over the course of three days. It's a film to be appreciated for its impact on film and art, but not one for its racism and bigotry. Personally, there are two things I like about it. Only two. The music and the cinematography. The film score is so timeless and recognizable. It really hits me when I hear it. The cinematography really makes the movie, The shots of the sky are so beautiful. I can't get enough of them. When I was watching this film, this time, I kept going back and forth with myself. I kept going back and forth with where I hate the character of Scarlett O'Hara. I know that my mom loves her and thinks she's tough. But I just think she's whiny and stubborn. I really don't like how she thinks marrying someone will just make her better. I do respect her for going for what she wants, which is money, but I don't like the means by which she does it. 


My Rewatch Rating:

8/10

*twice in one year is enough for a long time*


My Poster:


Comments

Popular Posts