The Apartment (1960)

 The Apartment (1960)

Director: Billy Wilder 🔵✅

Awards and Nominations:

Best Picture ✅

Best Director ✅ 

Best Original Screenplay ✅

Best Art Direction ✅

Best Film Editing ✅

Best Actor in a Leading Role ❌

Best Actress in a Leading Role ❌ 

Best Actor in a Supporting Role ❌

Best Cinematography ❌

Best Sound ❌


Cast: 

Jack Lemon ❌

Shirley MacLaine ❌

Jack Kruschen ❌

Fred MacMurray


My Thoughts:

I  absolutely love this film. By far one of my favorite movies from the 60s. This is definitely a classic. I was first introduced to Jack Lemon in  The Prisoners of Second Avenue (1975). I had watched this with my grandparents a few summers ago. They had told me to watch The Apartment, but I couldn't find it anywhere. I watched it about a year ago for the first time. I really enjoy this movie and Jack Lemon as an actor. He adds a bunch of weird quirks to this role which makes it even better. I don't think anyone but Jack Lemon could have played Bud Baxter. I also love Shirley MacLaine in this film. I hadn't seen any of her other work, but this was outstanding. I had even gotten my father into this movie. Now he is into watching old films like I do. As for my poster I wanted to simplify the original poster. I loved the lock and key, but all of the text was very cluttering. 


My Rewatch Rating:

10/10


My Poster: 



Comments

Popular Posts