The Sound of Music (1965)

The Sound of Music (1965)

Director: Robert Wise 🔵

Awards and Nominations:

Best Picture ✅

Best Director ✅

Best Sound ✅

Best Film Editing ✅

Best Music ✅

Best Actress in a Leading Role ❌

Best Actress in a Supporting Role ❌

Best Cinematography ❌

Best Art Direction ❌

Best Costume Design ❌

Cast:

Julie Andrews 🔵

Peggy Woods 🔵

Christopher Plummer

Elanor Parker 

Richard Hayden 

My Thoughts:

This is a classic. It is an absolute must-see. Such a wonderful film with great songs and scenes. Everyone is familiar with The Sound of Music in one way or another. The scenery and cinematography almost outweigh the music, in my opinion. I love Julie Andrews in this film, and I would have loved to see her win this Oscar, but I am glad she won for Mary Poppins. 


My Poster:






Comments

Popular Posts